Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Here are some sketches i made on a bus trip to Mt. Rushmore and beyond. They are very crude,some, like the first two were made on a moving bus. i sketched with a pen then added some color when we stopped for the night. I made the journal like a chinese book Ibought when Iwas in China
The next sketch shows the falls at Soiux Falls and Mt. Rushmore. The next one is several scenes of the Rockies and the last one is a sketch of the State capital in Denver with a window of a winery we visited in Missouri on the way home.
I have many photos of this trip but the sketches bring it all back, hope you enjoy my effort.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

stormbird studio said...

I love these sketches!! Just got back from my own sketching & photographing & hiking & camping & planetarium painting tour out west & looked at my TAA news and came to visit you! We drove from Ohio to Wyoming & came back a different way.